My fellow proletariat, I am more than aware that foundation is expensive, but if you are going to buy one, please buy a good one.
I used to be in a completely monogamous relationship with my Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation, but that is how good this is - I find it better. I don't think that the majority of readers will understand how big of a statement that is. Obviously I feel guilty for my betrayal of old faithful Laura, but we do not choose who our heart loves.
And if you don't know where to start, and you are too dense to navigate through my "Foundation For Beginners Guide," (which is respectfully okay, as it took me years to even feel comfortable giving such advice), I would strongly recommend this foundation, that which I have tried for a few weeks and have fallen madly in love with.
As if that run on sentence wasn't ridiculous enough, let me summarize my love affair with NARS Sheer Glow in bullet points, so as to better explain the madness that is my infatuation.
- The finish is so natural, it is analogous to a second and better looking skin.
- It is by nobody's definition a thick consistency, nor does it settle into lines as a cakey foundation would..
- ..which is remarkable, as the coverage is amazing. I seriously use one layer of this, and my skin is flawless. (Flawless may or may not be an exaggeration, but I am very excited right now.)
- A little goes a long way - this bottle will last forever.
- Apply with beauty blender for more sheer look, buff in with kabuki brush for full coverage.
- Despite the price, it is the most universal foundation I can recommend. The color range is so wide, almost anybody can find a match. Unlike my love life with real boys, not foundation.
- The best quality of all: it is wearable to any event. Have a first date? Perfect foundation. Want to go run errands and want a light coverage? Perfect foundation. Going to the Oscar's to give Brad Pitt an award? Perfect foundation. It is so blendable, so buildable, and so wearable, that I can honestly recommend it to everybody.
- I feel really weird after writing this list.
Buy it here!!! Or, if you are not ready to commit at the moment, go into your nearest Sephora and kindly ask for a sample. You will be color matched and given a few day's worth of wear for no charge. Fall in love and buy it whenever you want.
I am wearing it in these pictures: one was for church, one was for a tutorial, and one was for a costume party. It was perfect for every look.